- Have a diagnosis of moderate-to-severe plaque-type psoriasis for at least 6 months
prior to baseline as determined by the investigator.
- Have PASI score â‰¥12 and a sPGA â‰¥3 and body surface area involvement â‰¥10% at screening
- Are candidates for phototherapy or systemic treatment or considered by the
investigator as not adequately controlled by topical therapies.
- Male subjects agree to use a reliable method of birth control during the study.
- Female subjects are women of childbearing potential who test negative for pregnancy
and agree to use a reliable method of birth control or remain abstinent during the
study and for at least 12 weeks following the last dose of investigational product,
whichever is longer.
- Both the child or adolescent and a parent or legal guardian are able to understand and
fully participate in the activities of the clinical study and sign their assent and
- All immunizations are up-to-date in agreement with current immunization guidelines as
noted by country specific pediatric authorities (e.g., the American Academy of
Pediatrics). Note, subjects who are not up to date or have never been immunized are
not to be enrolled in the trial.
- Have pustular, erythrodermic, and/or guttate forms of psoriasis.
- Have drug-induced psoriasis.
- Have clinical and/or laboratory evidence of untreated latent or active tuberculosis
- Participants with a documented history of immune deficiency syndrome.
- Have any other active or recent infection, including chronic or localized infections,
within 4 weeks of baseline.
- Subjects with a known history of malignancy, lymphoproliferative disease, including
lymphoma, or signs and symptoms suggestive of possible lymphoproliferative disease,
such as lymphadenopathy and/or splenomegaly.
- Have used any therapeutic agent targeted at reducing interleukin-17.
- Have received other therapies within the specified timeframes below:
- adalimumab and infliximab 60 days, abatacept 90 days, anakinra 7 days, or any
other biologic disease-modifying antirheumatic drug 5 half-lives prior to
- systemic therapy for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis (PsA) (other than above,
eg, methotrexate, cyclosporine), phototherapy (eg, photochemotherapy [psoralen
plus ultraviolet A]) in the previous 4 weeks.